To provide resources and expertise for local and countywide officials and residents in land use tracking and preparation for future use, thus empowering citizens to improve the local quality of life by advancing the social, economic, environmental, and public health goals of their community.
Through our shared commitment to those we serve, we enhance the abilities of residents and local municipal boards to plan and implement land use and economic development efforts that balance economic, social, and environmental concerns.
- Communication clearinghouse for countywide land use and development issues
- Grant writing and administrative services
- Planning, land use, educational and facilitative services
- Fulfill statutory requirements for New York State General Municipal Law Article 239
- Organize and staff the Wayne County Planning Board
- Monitor Fair Housing objectives
- Administer and Promote Agricultural Districts programs
- Provide County representation on appropriate inter-municipal and regional Boards