- Wayne County Bicentennial
- Bicentennial Events
- Bicentennial Geocache Passport
Bicentennial Geocache Passport
Geocaching is an outdoor hobby where participants DOWNLOAD instructions and locations where someone has placed a container for others to find. Once found, they then record their name on the log paper inside.
In honor of the Wayne County Bicentennial, visit sites in all 15 Wayne County towns and discover geocaches specially placed at historic locations.
Email any questions to: WCB2023Geocaching@rochester.rr.com
What do I have to do?
1. Create a free basic member ship on Geocaching.com or get the free app using your smart device. Then create a geocaching nickname. To find these containers, you can use the free app Geocaching® on your phone or, use a hand-held device where you enter coordinates.
2. Use your phone app or handheld GPS to drive and navigate toward a geocache in this series.
3. Once found, sign your caching name and the date on the log paper. Bring some trinkets with you if you want to trade with trinkets left in the geocache.
4. Punch the official WCB passport in the corresponding box with the punch found in the geocache. Record your find on the geocaching.com website/app account, if you want.
5. You will have until November 1, 2023 to complete your Bicentennial Geocache search.
6. When finished finding 15 or 30 caches, see below for Redemption Instructions.
When you have found and documented (punched your passport) at least 15 caches, mail your Geocache passport document postmarked NO later than November 6, 2023 to:
Wayne County Historical Society
21 Butternut St.
Lyons, NY 14489
Passports will be separated into 2 groups for the drawings:
- Group 1: ALL 30 caches complete
- Group 2: 15-29 caches complete
A random drawing for prizes will occur at a date to be determined in November 2023. Winners will be notified by the phone number provided with the entry. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. Only one passport may be entered per person. If more than one person in a family participates, all passports from the family may be mailed in one envelope. We assume FAIR PLAY…meaning that if multiple family members are doing this together, we expect that EACH PERSON will be involved in finding EACH cache. Geocache prize winners must be at least five (5) years of age. However, there is no age limit to enjoy the geocache finding. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Four $100 gift certificates will be awarded to Group 1.
- Five $20 gift certificates will be award to Group 2