Waste Reduction Resources
Recycling, reuse and waste reduction are the focus of the Wayne County draft waste management plan. Educating the public on how to properly recycle, when to reuse and how to reduce waste safely is the purpose of this information. The following resources will take you to other departments and agencies who specialize in conveying the proper methods for dealing with household and other municipal waste streams.
- NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Composting (Click Here)
- Recycle Right NY (Click Here)
- NYS Electronic Waste Recycling: General overview of programs and initiatives. (Click Here)
- NYS Consumer Electronic Waste Recycling: General information regarding manufacturer and consumer responsibilities. (Click Here)
- NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation: Covered Electronic Equipment Manufacturers & their Electronic Waste Acceptance Programs (Click Here)
- NYS Electronic Waste Collection Sites: A collection site listed might not accept a particular type of equipment or may limit access to residents of a particular municipality. Always call ahead before going.
- Wayne County Soil & Water Conservation District 7312 Route 31 Lyons 14489 (315) 946-7200
- Town of Macedon 2067 O'Neil Rd Macedon 14502 (315) 986-7852
- Korvans Korner Inc 4089 W Main St Williamson 14589 (315) 589-8759
- NYS Product Stewardship 101:https://nypsc.org/product-stewardship-101/
- Composting: Cornell Cooperative Extension Wayne County, Composting educational information. For a home composting “how to” packet, questions, or troubleshooting, contact Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wayne County Master Gardeners (315)331-8415 ext. 107 – please leave a detailed message and a daytime phone number where we can reach you or e-mail us at: email@example.com. Please include your phone number.